NEOGEN is known for their Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Exfoliation product line. There are three versions: Green Tea, Lemon, and Wine. While I’ve used and reviewed the wine version before (Click HERE for review), I loved them so much I had to try another variety. The lemon ones were a stand out to me because of the brightening effect Vitamin C has on the skin. Read on to know if I pick Wine or Lemon as my favorite!
Details and Review:
- Item Claims: By using chemical exfoliants and extracts, clear clogged pores while brightening the skin and fading acne scars with Vitamin C to reveal a fresh and bright layer of skin.
- Directions: After cleansing and before toning, use the gauze/criss-cross side first in circular motions to gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Then use the smoother/quilted side to remove any remaining dirt and debris. Rinse with lukewarm water and continue with skin care routine.
- Scent: Like a fresh batch of lemonade or an icebox lemon pie. It’s great, trust me.
- Notable Ingredients: Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract (brightening), Sodium Hyaluronate (for anti-aging), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract (nonabrasive exfoliant), Lactic Acid (for fine lines and acne)
- Quantity: 30 Single Use Pads/6.76 oz/200 mL
- Price: $27
- Overall Rating: 5/5
- Opinion: Step aside Wine Bio-Peel Gauze...Lemon is here to stay. These Bio-Peel Gauze from Neogen are by far my favorite exfoliators because they’re so gentle, yet very effective. I thought the lemon version of these pads would be too strong for my sensitive skin, but they definitely were not. Like the Wine ones, they leave my skin extremely soft by removing the top layer of dead skin and they smell AMAZING! The only downside to the scent of these is that it makes me crave a lemon meringue pie. The reason I prefer these over the wine is because of the brightening effect. My skin looks much brighter the next morning after using them and my acne scars are a little more faint. I typically use the Bio-Peel Gauze twice a week (~every 3 days) to avoid over-exfoliation.
- Buy: Soko Glam | Sephora