Acwell is a brand that utilizes traditional Korean medicine such as licorice root and is becoming very popular for their pH balancing skin care products that have a pH level of 5.5. I recently reviewed Acwell’s Licorice pH Balancing Cleansing Toner. So, next, I of course had to try the Acwell Bubble Free pH Balancing Cleanser.
Details and Review:
- Item Claims: Gently balances the pH level of the skin while keeping it smooth, moisturized, and bright.
- Directions: Using a quarter size amount (one pump), massage onto damp skin and rinse with water.
- Scent: A mild licorice/witch hazel scent
- Notable Ingredients: Centella Asiatica Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract (for calming), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (for brightening), Salicylic Acid (for breakouts), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Quantity: 150 mL / 5.07 oz
- Price: $19.00-$21.00
- Overall Rating: 4.5/5
- Opinion: I absolutely love how gentle this gel cleanser is. It does exactly as it states without breaking me out. I had never used a pH balancing specific face wash before, so I was hesitant that it would dry my skin out too much. However, it left my skin feeling smooth and fresh. I wasn’t used to the whole no-foaming/bubble-free cleanser the first couple of times I used it. So, it made me question the effectiveness of removing make-up/oil/dirt. But, I made sure to test it by using a cotton pad and cleansing water after, and sure enough, there wasn’t any make-up left behind. I’m now sold on the whole no foam cleanser because I can tell a difference in how the foam cleansers leave my skin more dry and tight versus the non-foaming. This Acwell cleanser just might dethrone my COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser…I haven’t completely made up my mind yet (I still use both). Personally, I think this would be a great cleanser for sensitive skin as it helps calm any redness and contains salicylic acid to keep breakouts at bay.
- Buy: SokoGlam | YesStyle