One of these days, I’ll have every COSRX product reviewed on here! COSRX is known for their affordable and effective skin care. I decided to try out the COSRX One Step Original Clear Pads (aka Pimple Clear Pads) after hearing great things about them and wanting something different from the Moisture Up Pads.
Details and Review:
- Item Claims: Acting as a toner, the One Step Original Clear Pads will gently remove excess oil and sebum from pores leaving skin clear and hydrated.
- Directions: After double cleansing, use the embossed side to gently exfoliate and remove impurities. Then flip over and use the smooth side to hydrate and improve skin texture. Do not rinse off. Continue with skin care routine.
- Scent: You can instantly smell the willow bark water. It’s a natural smell rather than a fragrance-y or chemical smell. It isn’t too overpowering for myself, but it may be too strong for some.
- Notable Ingredients: Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Water (1st Ingredient Listed!), Betaine Salicylate (BHA), Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil (anti-septic)
- Quantity: 70 pads/4.56 fl.oz.
- Price: $19.00
- Overall Rating: 3.75/5
- Opinion: I kept going back and forth on whether to give this product a 3.5 or a 4 star, so eventually, I just decided to take the average. As you may already know, I’m an avid COSRX user (and will always be). So, when I heard people raving about these original clear pads and how they prevent breakouts, I knew I had to try them. I used them in place of my other toner during my night-time skin care routine and followed the directions exactly. In the end, I found this product to not really prevent my cystic acne breakouts. However, it did help them clear up and heal much faster! So, I can’t be too upset with this product. It also did leave my face very smooth and hydrated the next morning without being oily. Personally, I prefer these over the COSRX Moisture Up Pads because they don’t leave my skin feeling oily/sticky. The product soaks in very well and allows for other products to be applied on top. Overall, I will keep using these, but they’re not my absolute favorite by any means.
- Buy: SokoGlam | iHerb | Ulta | Wishtrend