Toners are used after cleansing in the skin care routine to clean any excess impurities, shrink pores, and balance the skin pH. They are great especially for people with acne prone skin with clogged pores. I’ve used many toners over the past year or so, but have never found that “OMG it’s amazing” one. After hearing countless times from Charlotte Cho about just how perfect this toner is for acne and sensitive skin, I knew I had to try it. So the question remains, do I now have my HG toner? Read on below to find out the answer!
Details and Review:
- Item Claims: By having a pH level of 5.5, this toner will balance your skin and will help to cleanse the skin of impurities, brighten complexion, and soften skin.
- Directions: After double cleansing, use hands or cotton pads to gently pat a small dose of toner around face and neck.
- Scent: There is a licorice scent that is noticeable but not overpowering or artificial/chemical smelling.
- Notable Ingredients: Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Water (for brightening), Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (for antiseptic/calming), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (for calming acne prone skin), Camellia Sinensis Leaf (Green Tea) Extract (for anti-inflammation and pigmentation)
- Quantity: 150mL/5oz
- Price: $18
- Opinion: Regardless of the rave reviews, I put off trying this toner simply because of the word licorice. Yes, stupid of me to not use something for my skin just because I hate the food. However, this Acwell toner is now my HG! Finally, after trying countless toners, I have one that is reliable. At first, the licorice smell was somewhat off-putting, but I have grown to love it! It’s actually a pretty calming scent and feels great on the skin. It leaves my skin fresh, glowing, and like it promises, reduces the overall redness. It isn’t a highly viscous toner by any means, only a little thicker consistency than water. The packaging isn’t as aesthetic as many other brands, but the simplicity Acwell tries to keep throughout their line is evident with this product. The only downside is that this toner is hard to find anywhere besides SokoGlam’s website, where it’s occasionally sold out. However, the price is pretty great compared to other popular toners on the market.
- Overall Rating: 5/5 (will definitely keep buying)
- Buy: SokoGlam