Etude House is one of the most popular shops for K-Beauty (skin care and make-up). Even more popular than the famous brand, are sheet masks. Most US brands are now starting to carry them (however, not as good as quality in my opinion), and it’s getting to be a common routine skin care item. Etude House has a very known and affordable line called the 0.2 Therapy Air Mask, and during their online sale last week, I picked up quite a few of them. My skin has been being very sensitive and inflamed lately, so I decided to use the Lotus Air Mask.
Details and Review:
- Item Information: The Lotus mask is a hypoallergenic mask used for clearing and soothing moisture. The lotus essence is a moist water type which make it easy to absorb and it isn’t heavy on the skin. Lotus flower is also known to relieve stress and calm inflamed skin.
- Directions: After cleansing and toning, remove mask from pouch and apply to face. Let sit 10-20 minutes, remove, gently pat excess essence into skin.
- Scent: There is a slight floral/earthy scent but not overpowering at all. Only really noticed it when I opened the package.
- Notable Ingredients: Nelumbo Nucifera Flower (Lotus) Extract, Licorice Root Extract (anti-oxidant), Coptis Japonica Root Extract (anti-inflammatory), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract (anti-inflammatory).
- Quantity: 1 Sheet
- Price: $1.30-$1.50
- Opinion: My biggest issue with sheet masks is typically the fit of them. I have a smaller face, so the masks usually bunch up/doesn’t lay flat. Etude House’s 0.2mm Therapy Air Masks is the first mask to fit perfectly. It’s also a very thin and breathable material (hence the 0.2mm name) which adhered to my skin and never once moved out-of-place in the 20 minutes I had it on. During these 20 minutes, I was thinking “if it fits this perfectly, I bet it won’t give me the results I’d like.” However, when I removed the mask and let the remaining essence dry, my skin looked bright and glow-y and the redness had greatly subdued. When I woke up this morning, almost all redness was gone. Even a rising pimple was less inflamed! Clearly, I loved this sheet mask and it will be a staple in my routine.
- Overall Rating: 5/5
- Buy: Etude House | StyleKorean | Amazon | YesStyle | Mask Sheets