Background and Information:
Etude House is quite a large and well-known brand in Korean featuring idols such as Song Hye Kyo, Go Ara, Jang Geun Suk, and 2NE1 as models. They have a line called Moistfull Collagen with star ingredients, collagen and Baobab water, that aim to give you full, bouncy, and hydrated skin. I chose the sleeping pack because I had never used one before and constantly hear rave reviews on this item. I didn’t try any other products from this line.
Details and Review:
- Directions: Use after your night-time cleansing routine as the very last step. Apply just enough to entire face and wear overnight.
- Scent: The very first thing I noticed when I opened the container was how strong the smell was. It wasn’t a bad smell, more of floral scent, but it was definitely too over powering and unnatural for my liking (added scents and acne-prone skin generally don’t mix well).
- Ingredients: The stand out ingredients are hydrolyzed collagen, adansonia digitata fruit extract (from Baobab tree), adansonia digitata seed oil (again Baobab tree ingredients).
- Quantity: 100mL tub. This amount should last a decent time if applied 2-3 times a week.
- Price: $12
- Opinion: I’ll start with the positive-the texture. I really liked the light jelly texture. It’s more of a gel than a cream, and I was surprised just how light it felt when applied to my skin. However, when I looked in the mirror the next morning, I noticed a couple of sore, cystic acne spot starting to form under the skin. On top of that, my skin didn’t appear to be all that more bouncy and hydrated than the night before. I’m assuming one or more of the “scent” additives didn’t agree with my skin and clogged my pores. I did actually give it a second chance a week later, but again, another pimple appeared the next day. Like I stated before, the Moistfull Collagen Sleeping Pack has very high reviews overall, so it may work well for normal/dry skin types.
- Overall Rating: 1.5/5 (any product that causes me to break out like this loses pretty much all points, but give it a 1.5 for the texture)
- Buy: Etude House | Amazon | YesStyle