Background and Information:
NEOGEN has become quite the popular K-Beauty brand that’s effective yet still affordable. One of their most popular products though is the Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling line. There are three versions: Green Tea, Lemon, and Wine. The Green Tea is great for aging and soothing irritated skin, Lemon is loaded with brightening agent Vitamin C, and Wine is geared more towards acne prone skin with the natural AHAs in wine. I chose the Wine option as it was by far the most recommended (and with as acne prone as my skin is, I needed it).
- Directions: Use after your cleansing (and before toning) as an exfoliator. One side of the pre-soaked pad is slightly rough while the other is smooth. Use the rougher side first to gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells, then use the smooth side as a buffer. Also, rinse your face off afterwards before proceeding with skin care routine (I wasn’t sure at first to rinse or not).
- Smell: There is definitely a very strong smell to these. However, it is an unbelievably great smell! It really does smell like grapes/wine, and is by far the best smelling skin care product I’ve come across.
- Ingredients: The stand out ingredients are wine extract, blackberry fruit extract, raspberry fruit extract, and glycolic acid (AHA).
- Quantity: 30 of the little pads come in a tub, so they will last for at least a couple of months. I don’t exfoliate every day (not a great idea to do so every day).
- Price: $27.00 (all three types)
- Opinion: I absolutely love these! I find that other, coarse exfoliators irritate my skin (like the St. Ive’s Apricot Scrub), but NEOGEN’s is the complete opposite. At first, I was worried that it wasn’t doing much because of how gentle the “exfoliation” side of the pad is. But, afterwards, my skin was so soft and bright! I use these about 1 to 2 times a week and have noticed a difference in the smoothness of my skin. I can’t wait to try out the Green Tea and Lemon types to see how they compare.
- Overall Rating: 5/5