Let the New Year inspire you to push yourself further than ever before
It’s already a week into the New Year, but I wanted to take that time to really nail down what I wanted to achieve during 2018. I typically don’t really do the whole New Year’s Resolution thing. However, something about this year is making me inspired to push myself further. So, to keep myself accountable, here are my Goals and Resolutions for 2018:
- Learn Korean Fluently (or as close as possible anyways) You may be thinking, “Why Korean?” as it is probably not the most common language for people to try to learn. Ever since high school, I became interested and intrigued by South Korean culture and entertainment. To this day, I still watch Korean dramas and listen to K-Pop (any BTS fans?). While I know how to read and speak some of the basic phrases, I really want to push myself to sit down and learn Korean. I believe being able to speak more than one language is an incredible skill to have, and languages in general are so unique and fun to learn.
- Travel to Seoul, South Korea Following my previous goal, I would love to travel to Seoul. South Korea has been at the top of my travel list for quite some time. Honestly, I would probably need at least a month to visit and really see all the cities I’d like (like Busan and Jeju Island). But, Seoul is the one stop that’s non-negotiable.
- Travel to 2 New Countries I was fortunate enough to take my first trips to Europe and Asia last year (Scotland and Japan). While I’d love to visit more, I just don’t have the vacation time to do so. I haven’t decided on where I’d like to visit as my second country yet. But, Italy and France are looking like the top contenders!
- Post More Consistently Clearly, I wasn’t very good at this in 2017. I didn’t start my blog until October, but even then, I didn’t post as much as I would like. While this goal will be dependent on many things (e.g. work schedule, family, general life events), I am really dedicated to turning this blog into something great.
- Establish an Instagram Community Instagram has easily become my favorite form of social media. I’m a visual person, so getting to see a feed full of pictures makes me happy. I’ve always been more of a “shy” social media person (don’t comment on other’s pictures or post my own enough), but no more. I really would love a community of people who share the same interests and I can learn from.
- Dedicate More Time to Dancing Growing up, I took dance lessons in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Hip-Hop. During high school, I had to quit those lessons due to my studies (I attended a magnet school where you attended class from 7:45 to 4:45 every day). I got into working out a couple of years ago, but hated every type of cardio I tried. That’s when I realized how much I missed dancing. Hip-Hop has always been my favorite form of dance. It also really gets your heart pumping (more so than running/elliptical/biking ever does for me). Unfortunately, there aren’t any classes where I live, so I teach myself new choreography from YouTube videos. It’s a great form of exercise and I absolutely love it. But, I want to challenge myself to get even better at it.